Siblings wanted in Asheville arrested in Charlotte*
ASHEVILLE – A brother and sister facing robbery charges in Asheville have been arrested for an attempted bank robbery in Charlotte.
The Mecklenburg Sheriff’s Office on Jan. 20 arrested Crystal Chevon Logan, birth date 1/10/1984, and Alfred Louis Logan Jr., birth date 10/20/1979, both of Asheville, on the following charges:
• Crystal Logan: Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon, Conspiracy to Commit Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon, and Assault with a Deadly Weapon on a Government Officer. Bond was set at $350,000.
• Alfred Logan, Jr.: Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon, Conspiracy to Commit Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon. Bond was set at $300,000.
Charlotte media reported that Ms. Logan walked into the Charlotte Metro Credit Union on Independence Boulevard, told the teller she had a bomb and demanded money. Mr. Logan was her alleged accomplice and driver. They did not get away with any money and fled in their vehicle. The siblings were arrested shortly thereafter.
Crystal Logan was arrested by Asheville police on Jan. 6 for the following armed robberies, which she committed with Rachael Lauren Boss, birth date 03/28/1989, also of Asheville:
• Dec. 9, 2008: ABC Store, 205 Tunnel Road
• Nov. 6, 2008: Quality Inn, 1430 Tunnel Road
• Nov. 2, 2008: Ramada Inn, 800 Fairview Road
• Oct. 25, 2008: Market Center Express, 3715 Sweeten Creek Road
• Oct. 25, 2008: One Stop #19, 891 Tunnel Road
• Oct. 19, 2008: Market Center Express, 3715 Sweeten Creek Road
• Sept. 22, 2008: Quality Inn, 1 Skyline Inn Drive, Arden
• Sept. 21, 2008: Days Inn, 1435 Tunnel Road
Ms. Logan also has an open warrant in Buncombe County for Misdemeanor Larceny. She made bond on the robbery charges and went to Charlotte. Mr. Logan is wanted in Asheville on a felony probation violation and for Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon for an incident that occurred on Dec. 10, 2008 at the Holiday Inn Express, located at 234 Hendersonville Road.
Asheville police are coordinating with Mecklenburg authorities for service of the Buncombe County warrants on both Logans.
* UPDATE (Jan. 26): Buncombe County Sheriff's Deputies today (Jan. 26) arrested the other suspect in the armed robbery in which Alfred Louis Logan Jr. is also charged. Joe Lindsey Taylor III, birth date 5/20/1989, of Asheville, was charged with Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon for the incident at the Holiday Inn Express on Hendersonville Road on Dec. 10.
2 sought on multiple fraud charges
ASHEVILLE – Asheville Police are seeking two people in multiple incidents in which they passed fraudulent checks at local banks and business. Jason Michael Churchill, birth date 9/27/1985, of 4 Farrwood Ave., in Asheville; and Michelle Antoinnette Perez, birth date 1/9/1985, also of 4 Farrwood Ave., in Asheville are wanted for writing checks on closed bank accounts; paying for merchandise with worthless checks; and opening a checking account at one bank using checks from an insufficient account at another bank.
Warrants have been issued for the following:
-- 5 counts of Obtaining Property by False Pretense
-- 1 count of Uttering a Forged Instrument
-- 1 count of Forgery of Instrument
-- 1 count of Simple Worthless Check
-- 3 counts of Obtaining Property by False Pretense
-- 1 count of Free Text-Felony (failure to return a rental car)
Churchill is also wanted in Denver, Colo., on a larceny charge.
Anyone with information on their whereabouts is asked to call the APD at (828) 252-1110 or CrimeStoppers at (828) 255-5050.
The Best French Fries You Ever Tasted. But That’s Not All - Asheville North Carolina by AskAsheville https://askasheville.com and the blog https://askasheville.com/blog/ Bouchon has been one of Asheville’s premier...
11 months ago